Business Development Manager- Energy
NEW Business Development Manager- Energy with global law firm.
The Business Development Manager, Energy reports to the Global Head of Business Development - Energy and the Head of Energy for EMEA. They will work in cooperation with business development teams across the region and with colleagues in Australia, Canada, South Africa, South America and the US.
Business Planning and Marketing Campaigns
Developing and implementing marketing campaigns which use the full marketing mix to raise and maintain awareness of the energy sector expertise within EMEA. Energy campaigns are focused on client needs and enable the firm to strengthen existing relationships and develop new client opportunities.
- Work with the Energy leadership team to develop and implement annual business plans, budget proposals and campaign plans for the EMEA region.
- Oversee EMEA energy business development activity to ensure regional objectives are met. This includes, but is not limited to, client development, profile raising, marketing and communications (including online and content marketing), pitching and event management
- Ensure that the global business plan is implemented in the region and fee earners are fully engaged in all related activity
- Work with the IBG chairs of at least one IBG to create and execute the global IBG business plan. This will include meeting coordination, production of IBG marketing material, development of relevant marketing campaigns and ensuring global engagement in the IBG activities
- Work with the Global Head of Business Development, Energy, to gain relevant partner and associate participation in initiatives
- Support relationship partners as the lead BD manager on specific key clients (approx. three- four clients)
- Focus tactics on the energy clients in our global client programme and drive the realisation of opportunities
- Facilitate participation in the client feedback programme; tracking and acting on actions arising from interviews, and assessing how feedback can be used to drive behavioural change
- Maintain awareness of relevant global and local marketing products (e.g. from practice group programmes) which can be used for client development and dialogue
Supporting transactional and strategic bids is a part of this role. Key activities will include:
- Project management of transactional strategic bids; provide input on approach, team formations; draft, create, review and edit content; manage document development where necessary; ensure adherence to branding requirements; ensure adherence to pricing procedures
- Ensure follow up is sought from client post pitch; track and act on actions which arise; assess how feedback can be used to drive behavioural change
Successful candidates will have experience of working in a professional services environment (preferably within a legal, accountancy or financial services environment) and managerial skills (preferably including experience of managing international or virtual teams) and willingness to take on additional responsibility when required. You will have strong writing, editorial and oral communication skills and excellent project management skills. You will be able to demonstrate experience of managing projects and transforming a commercial issue into business development opportunity and have an understanding of needs and has the ability to manage expectations
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Business Development Manager- Energy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly