Content Marketing Manager
The content marketing manager will develop & deliver the organisation's content marketing strategy. Focusing on the editorial development of the organisation's website, & member engagement through owned digital channels including websites & social media.
CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Editorial responsibility for the corporate website, regular production of newsletters & news pages in the members' magazine, in conjunction with content authors to ensure content quality & brand consistency.
- Commissioning & writing high quality & engaging content to raise brand awareness & support commercial objectives.
- Working with other departments to ensure that website content is updated & maintained in a timely & efficient manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a high visibility of the website across search engines using web analytics to drive & improve search engine optimisation.
- Responsible for the development of social media channels, working with the Content Marketing Executive to increase levels of engagement through these channels.
CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Substantial experience of editing a website for a public-facing or campaigning organisation.
- Experience in journalism or copywriting for the digital environment.
- Experience in managing commissioned writing, photographic & graphic design resources.
- Good working knowledge of content management systems & a demonstrated knowledge of how to drive traffic to web properties from search engines
- Good working knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google analytics & how to use the analysis to drive improvements to the user experience.
- Good technical understanding of website functionality & how to use good website design & high quality content to deliver a compelling user experience.
- Proven experience of using social media channels to distribute & amplify an organisation's content.