Junior Pricing Manager – Airline - SQL Server & Excel - £25-31k – Luton
What does your company do?
Our client is Britain’s biggest airline carrier measured by number of passengers carried, operating domestic and international scheduled services on over 600 routes in 32 countries.
Key responsibilities of the role:
The Pricing Manager is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of yield management processes in order to maximise revenue and profit through maximising yield for given demand levels whilst maintaining optimal load factors, working as part of the Yield Management team, taking individual responsibility for a given set of routes.
The Pricing Manager is passionate about being the best low fares airline in the world and the brand proposition of low cost with care and convenience, and acts accordingly.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Identify opportunities and take necessary pricing action to increase contribution performance over a given set of routes.
- Identify and extract relevant information required for analysing pricing on a given set of routes from various databases utilising Microsoft Access. Analyse extracted information putting forward results and appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure output from automated yield management processes is contribution enhancing.
- Adjust pricing on specific routes that require extra attention as identified by self or other members of the yield and wider commercial teams.
- Load new flights and assign appropriate fares.
- Maintain events database, and assign appropriate fares to events. Analyse past events and use findings to improve our management of future events.
- Help with the set-up of promotions, creating fares, loading onto flights, and sense checking allocations where applicable.
- Identify situations in which our current yield management system is under performing, and suggest improvements.
What are your key candidate requirements for the role?
- Good data analysis skills, preferably with knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Excel.
- A logical thinker with a good analytical background.
- Used to working and delivering under pressure.
- Graduate, preferably a numerical or computing based degree.
- Motivated and results-focussed
- Self-disciplined and able to use initiative to deliver work to quality and deadline pressures