Export Manager – Food – 50k + 25% bonus – West London
What does the company do?
Our client is a leading author on preparing and cooking food for children. 25 years after setting up at her kitchen table, our client has written over 40 books and has become the UK’s most trusted expert on good, tasty food for every age and stage, from eating during pregnancy and weaning to feeding toddlers and family food.
This company is one of the leading suppliers of chilled ready meals to major retailers including Tesco and Sainsbury’s. The company also supplies baby foods and a healthy kids snacking range to retailers in the UK including Lidl, Asda and Morrisons. The company is just in the process of launching a range of frozen toddler meals.
Our client has also built up a very successful business in Australia where her food is manufactured by the leading Australian Frozen Food manufacturer and is stocked in the 2 major retailers in the country, Coles and Woolworths.
Our client is about to launch a brand new website using the latest technology. The current website attracts 4 million users per annum and the company has a very active social media presence across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and has two best-selling recipe Apps.
The company is made up of a young vibrant team who thoroughly enjoy what they do and is now looking for an Export Manager. You will work closely with the Sales Director to define the International sales and export strategy, developing new distribution partners across the globe. The Export Manager will be responsible for developing the Export channel which is presently fairly limited.
How you can expect to spend your day?
As the Export Manager you will be responsible for delivering the strategy and the agreed targets with full P&L responsibility for the countries once brought on board. A key deliverable within the role is identifying new sales opportunities by channel and country and developing and managing joint business plans with the distributor to deliver maximising profitability and category growth.
Other key responsibilities:
- Establishing and cementing the Export channel, setting up Distributor partnerships
- Management of the accounts day-to-day, prioritizing internal and external deadlines and delivering on actions on time and complete, thus enabling effective delivery of the country plan and financial budgets
- Maintain, develop and build strong relationships with accounts, in person, via telephone calls and emails
- Communicate and influence Distributors to understand their business models (value chain), research requirements and make sales where appropriate
- Ensure all Exported lines meet the required language and legal requirements of each market
- Ensure orders are shipped in a timely manner in the most cost efficient way.
- Assure good return on investment on all company investments into Distributor in line with company guidelines
- Assess the product range available to Distributors and work with the wider business to ensure it meets local customer present and future needs
- Ensure that overhead expenditure does not exceed set budget and expenses costs are reduced where possible
- Responsible for agreeing, monitoring and achieving personal performance goals and targets, reporting directly to the Sales Director
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
We are looking for a smart and organised individual with at least 5 years’ experience of working within an export sales environment.
- Experience of managing a distributor model
- Experience of how to plan and drive the agenda and build business relationships
- Experience of how to manage cultural differences, legal and language requirements
- Experience of working with shippers to deliver product to market.
- Structured time management skills
- Understanding and experience of the consumer Retail and Wholesale dynamics
- Proven experience of developing the Export arm of a FMCG business, setting strategy for the department
- Track record of achieving and sustaining profitable sales growth
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Advanced planning and organizational skills
- Business acumen and customer focused, ability to remain flexible when customer conditions require