We're recruiting on behalf of one of the UK's biggest and most powerful consumer brands who are looking to engage a new Product Manager
They are looking for a commercially oriented product management to join an area of the business that holds huge potential for growth. With an sensational roadmap of new consumer products in the pipeline, you would gain ownership of the stratergy behind these.
Although it handles technology based services, it's more focused towards the commercial performance of products, establishing of business cases for development of the product and management in-life. Rather than the technical back end of things like server farms and the physical building of products. So if you don't come from the commercial product management world, this probably isn't for you.
You will be specifically responsible for owning the future development roadmap and in-life elements in respect of these products which reflect a significant value added proposition for very large B2C audience.
On top of this, it's worth mentioning the company this role works for has a very high bar and expectations for employees in their product management functions. So you can expect to be surrounded by a high performing team, who typically all have exemplary education credentials and really solid pedigrees in delivering commercial success for any products they've been owner of. So similarly this is what they would expect of you too.
To be a good fit for what the client is seeking, you need to have owned the product roadmap and overseen the commercial success of a product that's in the digital eco-system and has a decent sized audience / customer base. Your experience ideally will be within consumer technology.
As you're working with a technology based product area, you will need to be able to converse with technical teams when considering things like infrastructure needs, especially when considering customer uptake, costs and when undertaking product changes or development roadmaps.
- Define and develop product experiences for digital platforms
- Own the definition of product requirements and manage product backlogs for multiple projects
- Work closely with UX & Design, Technology and Commercial teams to define great products that align to business strategy and deliver against commercial objectives
- Work closely with a range of key stakeholders across the business to gain buy in to their product strategy and ultimately delivery of products to market
- Own the definition and regular communication of product reporting.
- Work closely with customer service to identify and resolve any product issues that are impacting user experience
- Work with the Head of define the Product Strategy and on key strategic programmes
- Support the other Product Management teams on an ad-hoc basis
- Background in Product Management for an online or digitally based product or service
- Have owned the roadmap of development and commercial success of large scale product
- A clear insight led approach, so understand the importance for data and how to leverage it in strategic business decisions
- Experience of owning an consumer technology product
- Ability to carry out a market evaluation of the competitive landscape and can demonstrate the ability to make the right decisions, quickly
- Evidenced experience in distributing what's needed to ensure products you've owned remain successful, and can successfully establish business cases for change, pitching for investment and able to see through projects which could include rebuilding a product in the digital space from the ground up
For further information please contact:
Resorcer - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com
Apply for Product Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly