Interim Marketing Executive - Events
A financial advisory membership body require an Interim Marketing Executive to assist in producing world-class events that truly bring the group to life.
Through innovative programmes and high-quality execution, The group has a long-standing reputation for bringing together senior-level stakeholders from government and business to discuss and debate globally important issues with the purpose of promoting progress.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in securing delegate attendance through a number of marketing channels for a variety of events.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Develop and execute promotional campaigns for events, leveraging all aspects of the marketing mix (direct marketing, advertising, e-marketing, event website management, social media, telemarketing and PR), through to campaign response analysis and evaluation. Ensure all marketing campaigns are completed within budget and timeline, and all revenue targets are met.
- Identify new measurable marketing channels to maintain the appropriate audience profile
- Establish and lead / manage relationships with marketing partners including business associations, chambers of commerce, academic institutes. Assist with Marketing Executives to manage relationship with PR agencies, broadcast and media partners.
- Manage sponsor marketing deliverables, including but not limited to detailed post-event marketing summary for sponsors
- Assist on-site coordination for events as needed, in conjunction with Event Marketing Executive (i.e. briefing and managing conference assistants, running registration area, liaison with sponsors, coordinating with PR agency)
- Act as a liaison for events marketing across other areas of the events business, including sponsorship, programming and operations, as well as throughout the larger Group
- Undertake competitive analysis and analyze points of differentiation across events
- Conduct market research including surveys of past, current and future delegates
- Understand and anticipate internal and external customer needs with the ability to think creatively and problem solve efficiently
- Work with in-house and external creative resources to develop communications and marketing collaterals that are effective and on-brand. Ensure standards of excellence and accuracy across all creative outputs
- Manage junior team members, contractors, and telemarketers as needed
To succeed in the role you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Proven relevant marketing (e.g. direct and/or events marketing, with preference given to those with conference marketing experience and industry events)
- A strong understanding of customer acquisition, online marketing and new media channels
- Knowledge of tracking and analytics systems, including Omniture, Google Analytics, Eloqua, email deployment, and back-end website editing tools
- Excellent written English and proof-reading skills - mastery of a second language would also be an advantage
- Excellent campaign tracking, reporting and analytical skills at campaign and customer level
- Initiative, creativity and commitment to standards of excellence
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly. Attention to detail and the ability to manage tight deadlines