MI & Analysis Manager - IoT brand, London
We're recruiting on behalf of one of the big brands in the consumer IoT space, who are looking to hire an MI & Analysis Manager into their growing data and insight team.
In this role you will be heavily engaging with business stakeholders across marketing and commercial teams, helping them with weekly trading insights. Understanding the performance of campaigns (i.e. did they drive more sales - looking at things like acquisition metrics as well as value uplift and margins), also analysis of the customer base too, considering the value of a customer to the company's IoT products vs their core product offerings too.
Your role will span a breadth of skills, with half looking at insight and measurement reporting, the other understanding the business' need for insight and what they're looking to achieve, and ensuring what the reports you're developing all make sense to people and meet their need for insight.
So you will need to be able to interrogate processes, notably in Salesforce. Looking at things like:
- Is the data available currently within the CRM system which needs to be analysed
- If not, identify how it needs to be collected and work with the relevant stakeholders in that business area to get it established
- Look at how that data is stored, its extraction and manipulation for MI and reporting purposes
- Brief in the report that needs to be built to the technical report builder (who's in the team)
- Understand what the business need for insight and how best to extract that from the data through various models in order to identify trends and extract meaningful insights
Taking the analysis findings, you will then be responsible for translating this into simple to understand visualisations and feeding these back into the business - effectively making the data tell stories which the business is able to get behind.
This is a rapidly developing company that's already an established brand in the IoT market. They've come a long way in just a couple of years and there's a healthy roadmap of further growth ahead. Right now, things like analysis tools are fairly basis - just Excel and SQL, with a Salesforce CRM. But you will be responsible for looking at what the future tools capabilities will look like as the need emerges, so expect the potential opportunity to bring in more sophisticated visualisation tools like Tableau or Qlikview to be available soon.
Role: MI & Analysis Manager - CRM/Marketing Data
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
Benefits: ~10% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Really solid stakeholder management skills - acting as the go-between for an MI/Analysis team and the marketing/commercial teams - able to speak both their languages
- Able to evidence the ability to go above and beyond just meeting stakeholder expectations in MI reporting - e.g. not just reporting on sales results, but also providing commentary as to why, what didn't perform and why, etc.
- Experienced building reports around CRM or out of a CRM system
- Good experience in interrogating processes to identify what is and isn't possible in reporting requests, but also able to demonstrate where and how you've identified solutions to fix these kinds of things too
- Good knowledge of how to extract and manipulate data to enable it to be effectively analysed
- Good understanding of data analysis techniques and dashboard development
- Good data visualisation skills (Excel or other tools are fine)
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.