Business Development Executive
- Job Role
- Business Development Manager
We are seeking a Business Development Executive to provide high quality, proactive business development support to the Business Group. The role holder will seek to build relationships with the relevant practice areas both domestically and internationally in order to gain an understanding of their business objectives and contribution to the formulation of the business plans.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) will work closely with the Business Development Manager (BDM) and the wider Business Development Team to implement business development, client relationship management and marketing strategies for the Business Group.
The Business Development Executive will be involved in:
- Contributing to the development of ongoing maintenance of action oriented business development plans for the relevant practice areas
- Proposing, agreeing and managing Department BD budget for some Practice Areas/ Industry Groups, monitoring budget spend (alongside BDM)
Client Relationship Management
- Supporting the firm's key client programme by taking responsibility for several key client accounts. Working with the lead partner to help run team meetings and ensure that the client plan is developed and implemented effectively.
- Specific activities include:
- Maintaining client plans for the TW Top 50 clients in conjunction with lead partner and key associate team members
- Monitoring trade press and proactively alerting CRPs to cross selling opportunities (both domestically and internationally), people moves and client developments which provide opportunities for revenue growth
- Enhancing team communications amongst the client team and ensuring that the team members are aware of strategy, new matters and upcoming events
- Reviewing the financial performance with the client team, making suggestions for improvements in order to develop and sustain growth of the client.
Bids and Proposals Management
- Management of Bids and Proposals from end to end where relevant and in conjunction with Bids and Proposals Manager
- Working with BD Assistant to produce relevant Bids and Proposal information and materials
- Working with BD Manager to implement and drive the international business plans for the business group
Industry sector focus
- Working with the business group partners and leaders in order to encourage engagement in the firm-wide industry focus
- Implementing and creating strategy for BGA-led industry groups including Financial Institutions in addition to developing a strategic plan for involvement and development of non-BGA-led industry groups in order to contribute to firm wide initiatives and revenue growth.
- Working with members of the BD Team to deliver coaching/training to support the development of the Associates business development skills
- Working with the HR team and Associates to help create their development plans and to achieve their BD objectives.
- In support of the marketing plan, drive and manage activities such as PR, hospitality and seminars in order to generate enquiries and build client relationships
- Conducting market research and analysis in order to develop creative and profile raising thought leadership campaigns
- Where possible co-ordinating role and activities with other Business Groups/jurisdictions of TW and draw upon specialist skills of the central marketing team
- Initiating internal communications in order to increase referrals from other parts of the firm.
Develop a Knowledge of the Markets
- Using sector market research, trade press and fees/client analysis to assist in planning and identifying issues to be exploited for marketing purposes.
- Producing supporting market and client information.
- Undertaking competitor analysis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
This role is a busy and demanding position yet hugely satisfying and rewarding to work as part of a dynamic and ambitious department. We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A graduate with strong academic results
- Solid business development/client relationship management experience at a similar level from within the legal sector or professional services
- Experience within the finance and/or real estate sector will be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- A can-do attitude
- Proactive, tenacious and creative approach
- Strong commercial awareness and focus
- Ability to motivate and inspire the fee earners to deliver business goals and change behaviour where required
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure.
Apply for Business Development Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly