Marketing & BD Manager (Litigation, Arbitration & Employment)
A leading international law firm is looking for a Marketing and BD Manager - Litigation & Arbitration on a fixed term contract basis providing maternity cover and working within a well-established global M&BD team dedicated to managing and driving forward firm wide profile building initiatives. The role is integral in helping to drive forward our Litigation and Arbitration Practice Group strategy to ensure we maximise our opportunities to grow our revenues from existing and prospective clients and coordinate our people, knowledge and resources in an effective and efficient manner. You will work in conjunction with the Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager and Litigation and Arbitration practice partners, to develop and implement M&BD plans, in line with their business plans and objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Delivering meaningful market analysis as required, to support the planning process
- Managing the implementation of M&BD plans and budgets, regularly monitoring and reporting on progress.
- Advising partners and teams on specific and sector focused new business opportunities, and provide support on the development of our approach, team, proposition and supporting materials (i.e. credentials etc.)
- Acting as a Client Account Manager on some of the firm's key clients.
- Encouraging full and effective use of the firm's CRM database (InterAction).
- Creating and implementing integrated campaigns across the practice to help raise our profile and awareness amongst our key target audience and generate opportunities to meet clients.
- Planning and managing the implementation of marketing communications programmes, including targeted seminar programmes, client facing material production, client events, online development etc.
- Working with the practice leaders to ensure that there is an efficient framework for internal reporting and communication of M&BD activities and successes, including the provision of information for wider management reporting.
- Liaising with other BD managers, PSLs and the PR team to ensure communication of best practice in areas such as new business pitches, business generation, thought leadership and client care.
Skills and Experience
- Strong previous experience of working in a BD role in a similar professional services firm.
- Prior knowledge and experience of dispute resolution / litigation/arbitration.
- Ability in a relevant foreign language would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and (internal and external) client-facing skills.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Commercial and strategic in outlook.
- Pragmatic, robust, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
- Previous line management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC