Freight & Fleet Comms Manager
- Job Role
- Marketing Manager
Communications & Engagement Managers for a London Transport Authority for 6 months paying £315 PD LTD.
Your new company
you will be working for a very well know Transport Authority based in Southwark as a Communications & engagement manager for their Freight and Fleet team.
Your new role
You will be supporting a range of projects that build on the successful road safety and environmental projects. Key responsibilities will include planning and managing our engagement with the industry and other stakeholders, planning and coordinating communications outputs and working with other internal teams e.g. press office, design, web/new media.
- Plan, manage and deliver communications and engagement activity to time, cost and quality.
- Liaise with other teams in the organisation that impact on freight movement and road transport to ensure activities are fully coordinated and make best use of resources
- Maintain relationships with external stakeholders including Boroughs, GLA, and industry groups representing the organisation at external forums and events involving sustainable freight and fleet transport
- Planning appropriate activities to meet milestones and deliverables
- Effective commissioning and contract management of stakeholders (internal & external)
- Managing risks and issues, defining contingency plans as appropriate
What you'll need to succeed
you will need the following to be successful::
- Experience in defining, planning and managing stakeholder engagement and communications activity (Essential)
- Experience in working in a fast moving communications and engagement environment (Essential)
- Experience in handling and responding to external queries (Essential)
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and demonstrated ability to liaise with partners, enforcement bodies, employers, trade bodies and local authorities (Essential)
- General understanding of the freight industry and/or the principles of commercial industry behaviours (Desirable)
- Broad knowledge of emerging best practices in public transport, traffic, public realm and urban design (Essential)
Candidates from construction or transport organisations would be desirable.
What you'll get in return
You will be working for an organisation that is very high profile and will develop your skills and experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Freight & Fleet Comms Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly