One of the fastest growing businesses in its industry is looking for an ambitious Digital Designer to come and work within their in-house team.
Their aim is to challenge and change the way consumers use their mobile, allowing for a better experience with less barriers. With a rapidly growing customer base, they endeavour to continue to challenge their competitors and drive bigger changes within the market.
With the consumer at the heart of this business' success, any encounter needs to be fantastic! With the world moving ever more digital, experiences consumers have with online platforms have never been so important and so the need to offer an excellent experience too.
As the Digital Designer, you will be part of their brand and creative team, taking lead on design principals within Scrum teams, keeping an eye on the user experience to ensure design isn't just creative, but functional and achieves excellence in customer experiences too. In order to achieve this you will need to be familiar with working with research data to help guide your digital design ideas, able to utilise it to inform and push innovation in all projects in an effort to delight customers whilst improve user experience and design across all online and digital platforms.
You will be working closely alongside brand creatives, graphic designers, film producers and copywriters as part of the broader context team, and within Scrum units alongside a copywriter, UX, UI, Marketing and Digital Product Owner.
You will ensure best practices and research are used to validate ideas and develop customer journeys to ensure they are better than before. Continuous testing will be carried out by yourself and micro team to maintain a fluid experience, combined with creative designs.
The essence of this role is the functional design of digital and e-commerce platforms. Although this role requires someone with a creative flare, you've got to be able to demonstrate a keen eye for UX and working with consumer research insight which guides your design ideas.
You will need to put the user at the centre of everything, working closely with UX and UI teams to ensure the customer journey is seamless. Of course remaining 'on brand' is just as crucial and as such there will be guidelines to follow, but the character of the individual they're seeking is to be someone with a voice and who is not afraid to share their ideas and opinions in various meetings, so they like to be challenged.
- To lead design within the digital micro-team
- Help your team understand the benefits of User Centred Design
- Create consistency and clarity across all our digital touch point
- Ensure the work sits within a responsive, digital environment.
- Contribute to the culture of the design team, your micro team and the wider business
- Work with other members of the Brand and Creative team and internal clients to understand requirements.
- Understand and work to meet the organisation`s aims and objectives
- Understand and manage client needs and expectations
- Develop technical skills to stay abreast of software changes.
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates creative design, composition and typographic skills
- Must have End to End User Experience design understanding
- At least a couple of years' experience of working in an agency or internal design team
- High levels creativity
- An open and proactive approach to working with other team members
- Strong problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Ownership of your ideas and a passion to help others understand design decisions
It's essential you have a professional portfolio available that includes web and digital projects that is able to be shared with the client on submission of your application.
Role: Digital Designer
Location: Outside of London - Between Slough and Maidenhead
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Benefits: 20% bonus + a flex benefits package available
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK
For further information please contact:
Resourcer - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100