Senior Bid Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Markets team and Lead Partner to establish and manage the entire bid process, advising on best practice bid methodology and developing a project plan with critical milestones and dependencies identified.
- Ensure that all team members have clear understanding of their individual roles, key milestones and deliverables. Build in adequate time for review and preparation sessions with key stakeholders.
- Input to brainstorming sessions on strategy and client communication plan by providing/researching information to complete stakeholder political analysis and competitor analysis.
- Brief and engage with the Design/Graphics team and guide them on creative concepts that will support the value proposition.
- Assist in the development and production of all bid collaterals and manage key team stakeholder expectations of the design and production process.
- Act as a review point for all collateral and where appropriate help draft or refine content based on the agreed value proposition and win themes.
- Attend all strategic checkpoint/review meetings, draft and circulate actions and decisions.
- Advise the team on best practice tools and creative approaches and provide appropriate information and samples from the bid advisory knowledge sources and databases.
- Advice on oral presentations, co-ordinating and rehearsing proposal teams prior to the oral presentations and give feedback.
- Schedule and prepare the Win/Loss debrief with the Bid Advisor and Lead Engagement Partner.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years' experience of competitive bidding in a sales and marketing environment preferably in an accountancy firm.
- Deep bid project management experience.
- Running bids with third-party involvement would be an advantage.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Effective organisational and project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with challenging deadlines, multiple stakeholders and opinions
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage complex and multiple work-streams