Senior Product / Category Manager - Consumer Mobile
A new opportunity has arisen working for one of the main players within the consumer mobile and telecoms market to join their trading team as a Senior Product Manager, responsible for the Mobile and Handsets category.
In this role you will be responsible for all trading activities within this specific category, covering both small tweaks and larger scale changes on a day-to-day, week-to-week and month-to-month basis to ensure the overall objectives of volume and value of sales is successfully achieved.
A highly commercial role with a huge opportunity to positively impact a P&L within a very fast-paced and dynamic market due to its competitive nature. Owning the tactical trading roadmap will mean roughly a 12 week rolling view, needing to balance both the immediate need to make up any potential short-falls through short run offers, balancing the offset of margin giveaways with longer term pay-back opportunities too in order to ensure both sell through rates and value is achieved overall.
The trading aspect of this role isn't just to new customers, so there will be a need to work closely with the CRM decisioning business unit to outline qualifying rules for offers to be presented to existing customers too both through on and offline channels.
Naturally any tweak or change to trading plans or customer incentives and the likes will need robust impact assessment to ensure longer term objectives remain achievable.
- Owning the trading roadmap for the Consumer Mobile business area
- Acting as gate keeper and key assessor for all new commercial incentives used to drive change or changes/tweaks to new propositions which affect margin, value and profitability
- Ensuring all changes delivered into channel are executed seamlessly and achieve an excellent customer experience
- Owner of the longer-term roadmap for mobile trading plans and releases - which will be the 6 month forecasts - to ensure short-term actions don't cannibalise longer-term objectives
- Be responsible for weekly trading based presentations to senior business leaders, presenting both the state-to-date and future plans which outline how objectives will be achieved
Despite being a challenger brand within consumer mobile, overall they represent one of the UK's Superbrand firms and one of the best in their respective industry. This particular opportunity represents a much more green-field opportunity than most with the company being heavily invested in a growth and development phase, establishing themselves as well as what their offering is to be within the consumer mobile industry. So you can expect to be kept busy leading on innovative solutions designed to provide a competitive edge.
They operate with an agile competitor mindset. In recent years they've become known for disrupting the status-quo within the telecoms marketplace through a lot of innovation and heavy investment into new technologies.
They have a serious ambition to become recognised as truly customer centric, which in itself is driving a lot of positive change across the business.
Role: Senior Category Manager - Consumer Mobile
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000
Benefits: £5k car allowance, up to 20% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Industry relevant experience within consumer mobile (must be consumer facing) highly desirable
- Have worked in a highly commercial role looking after trading plans for consumer tech/mobile
- A really sound understanding of the consumer mobile market place, what the key trends are and drivers across propositions, products and the way technology is evolving in that space
- Able to work with complex data, namely around commercial levers and drivers, and identify the truth of the situation, then create plans of action which are simple and compelling when backed by this data
- Great understanding of the sales mechanics within a multi-channel environment, how to successfully leverage them to achieve commercial success when developing trading plans
- Great stakeholder management skills and experience, particular when working in a fast-paced, large-scale business environment
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.