Senior Strategic Bids Manager
These are exciting and rewarding times professionally for Norton Rose Fulbright and our strategy remains one of growth, with a continued focus on our six key areas of strength - our “Headlight” areas: Financial Institutions, Energy, Infrastructure, Mining and Commodities, Transport, Technology and Innovation, and Life Sciences and Healthcare.
As a major international practice, we respond to a large number of Requests for Proposal (RFP) and participate in legal panel reviews both regionally and globally. Working closely with fee earners, relevant teams or regions, our central bids team provides strategic advice, project management support and act as specialist advisers, ensuring that strategic and panel bids are completed in a consistent and professional manner. The team has an impressive track record and is highly regarded. We are committed to sustaining and continually improving.
- Lead and manage strategic bids through the full bid lifecycle. This includes; providing strategic advice, challenging thinking on strategy, and team selection
- Provide project management support and information resources in order that strategic and panel bids are completed in an efficient, consistent and professional manner
- Provide bid and presentation support for strategic bids to Partners and bid teams
- Act as an advocate of best practice and a specialist information resource for those producing non-strategic bids. Work with the Head of Bids (Global) to develop best practice and co-ordinate and develop the bid process across Norton Rose Fulbright
Additional activities and responsibilities include:
- Provide direction, advise on strategy and oversee the project management of major global panel/bid opportunities including drafting/writing response
- Draft, edit and proof major bids and presentations in accordance with corporate standards
- Provide coaching/mentoring support for Partners and teams on bids and presentations and identify further coaching and training where appropriate
- Advise others producing bids on appropriate structure and presentation
- Source and develop high quality materials for use in proposals as standard text
- Review on an on-going basis bid templates and content to ensure best practice is benchmarked against competitor activity and feedback
- Conduct debriefs and analysis of feedback on performance on bids, whether won or lost and to use the information to improve the quality of future bids
- Any other duties as requested by Director of Bids (Global) or departmental heads (HODs)
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working in the bids function, or similar (preferably for a legal services firm)
- A self-starter who can work on own initiative and is proactive in developing ideas and solutions
- Well-developed persuading and influencing skills
- Confident, assertive and resilient
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to liaise confidently and build relationships with people of all levels
- Relevant degree and/or professionally recognised marketing or communications qualification, or equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Advanced IT skills including advanced Word and Microsoft Office packages
- Attention to detail and accurate typing and writing skills
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage workloads
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills and a flexible approach
- Team player
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa (incorporated as Deneys Reitz Inc) and Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world