eCommerce Manager - e-tailer - £30K & bens - Camden Town, London
What does the company do?
Our client is an innovative manufacturer of premium quality mattresses disrupting the luxury mattress industry making it simple, pleasurable and affordable to own the most comfortable mattress ever made. Having recently received considerable investment the company are rapidly expanding and scaling their operations into new countries and as such this is a fantastic time to join the company.. They deliver thousands of their products via a hassle free and low cost online experience.
Launching back in February of 2015, our client began with one belief – that everyone deserves the perfect start. As a VC startup brand we look to enhance people’s lives by making premium quality products that are affordable and hassle-free to own. Through our experience in e-commerce, selling over 75,000 mattresses online at a previous venture, we developed just one beautifully designed mattress that could only be purchased online. By doing this, we were able to change the landscape of the mattress industry, selling a premium quality product at a fraction of the price.
The company has seen rapid growth since our launch back in February of 2015, serving a multitude of markets including the UK, USA, Germany and France, with offices in both London and California.
Based in amazing offices in Camden Town, London, the team are 37 strong and have a fantastic company culture.
Responsibilities of the role:
The client is looking for a new e-commerce manager to continually develop and optimise the process of purchasing company products through their various e-commerce channels. This is a great opportunity to join a VC backed company already selling into USA, Germany and gives the opportunity to directly contribute to the company’s main business channel (online) and have a major impact on the trajectory of an emerging brand.
Tasks you will be responsible for:
- Manage core eCommerce experiences through the full lifecycle or purchasing company products online.
- Continually identify and optimise in line with agreed KPIs using a data-driven, iterative approach.
- Manage the product backlog, prioritizing design and development resources between various initiatives.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders including design, marketing, operations and development teams.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 degree.
- Passionate about building an online brand
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works well in teams, is passionate about website development and design
- Is highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques.
- Basic technical skills – web development experience, or other.
- An analytical thinker who is comfortable collecting and analysing data.
Not essential, but useful to have:
- Project management experience
- Experience with A/B testing
- Advanced technical skills (you are comfortable writing high quality code for a major eCommerce operation).
- 1-3 years’ product management experience with another brand.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Amazing office building in Camden with a lot of different amenities.
- Private health care offered.
- Free yoga, pilates and Hiit classes (and soon gym).
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, sweeties.
- Lovely roof terrace & bar.
- Table tennis & table football.
- Discounts for food offerings around the offic
- Employee discounts & a new mattress after 3 months you started.