Design and Production Assistant
When most people think of Fender® guitars and amplifiers, they think of our rich history and legacy, after all the Spirit of Rock & Roll is our company motto. For us at Fender® it’s all about the future. We need to work hard today to MAKE HISTORY tomorrow.
As the world's leading guitar manufacturer, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation "FMIC" has become synonymous with all things rock 'n' roll. Our iconic instruments such as the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass & Jazz Bass guitars are known worldwide as the instruments that started the rock revolution and they continue to be highly prized by today.
It is our vision to continue championing THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL® throughout the world and our mission is to exceed the expectations of music enthusiasts worldwide.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF OUR FUTURE LEGACY?
We have an exciting opportunity available for a highly talented and creative individual to join one of the world’s greatest music brands as a Design & Production Assistant based at our EMEA HQ in East Grinstead, UK.
In the role of Design and Production Assistant you will be responsible for the design accuracy, layout and production requirements on a variety of print and electronic materials for multi lingual use in the EMEA market. You will work closely with the rest of the Marketing team to re-produce and develop design concepts for various print and electronic marketing materials and execute artwork designs for distribution including advertising, brochures, catalogues, packaging, point-of-purchase displays, promotional items and sales/internal communications materials.
To be successful in this role you will hold excellent design and print skills with an emphasis on consumer-centric marketing and advertising, as well as strong communication skills with a flexible can-do attitude and a passion for music. You will also hold a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and be experienced in Adobe Creative Suite. The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Fender global marketing team to understand the global asset plan, and adapt them for the EMEA markets accordingly
- Work with the Design & Production Manager and the EMEA marketing team to determine the asset needs across the region, and support plan to deliver them
- Execute design of artwork for various printed materials including advertising, brochures, catalogues and point of purchase displays, and ensure that they all meet Fender’s global brand guidelines
- Create web assets in relation to current campaigns and local marketing requirements including web banners and basic email templates
- Process digital photography for product shoots and image preparation for use in creative production
- Graphic design support and design for ad-hoc projects
- Work with Fender’s agency partners to ensure that Fender is delivered the best possible service and value for money
- Work with media partners to ensure that Fender assets are delivered on time and in the specified format(s)
- Must possess excellent design skills and be highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office
- Must be proficient with the Macintosh operating system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design is preferred although equivalent professional experience may be considered
- Strong design and print technical skills with an emphasis on consumer-centric marketing and advertising
- Self motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Results driven with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships
- Self motivated with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
- Foreign language skills
- An interest in contemporary music and instruments
- Other creative skills – e.g. photography, videography