Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Coordinator
When most people think of Fender® guitars and amplifiers, they think of our rich history and legacy, after all the Spirit of Rock & Roll is our company motto. For us at Fender® it’s all about the future. We need to work hard today to MAKE HISTORY tomorrow.
As the world's leading guitar manufacturer, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation "FMIC" has become synonymous with all things rock 'n' roll. Our iconic instruments such as the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass & Jazz Bass guitars are known worldwide as the instruments that started the rock revolution and they continue to be highly prized by today.
It is our vision to continue championing THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL® throughout the world and our mission is to exceed the expectations of music enthusiasts worldwide.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF OUR FUTURE LEGACY?
We are have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented individual to join one of the world’s greatest music brands as a Social Media Coordinator based at our EMEA HQ in East Grinstead, UK.
In the role of Social Media Coordinator, you will be responsible for building engagement and community growth across Fender’s social media channels through creation and curation of quality content. You will develop and execute Fender’s social media strategy in the UK, ensuring that social activity drives towards the agreed marketing strategies. You will also provide advisory support to other markets in the Fender EMEA region.
To be successful in this role you will have proven social media experience in a marketing or business environment with advanced knowledge of online marketing strategies, including corporate social media techniques. You will be a strong communicator with a passion for music and a flexible can-do attitude. Ideally we are looking for someone with a marketing or business degree, and knowledge of the UK and ROI Music Industry would be advantageous. The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Take the lead in the development and execution of Fender’s social media presence in the UK, based on agreed strategies and targets.
- Work with the global marketing team in the US to develop a social media calendar, and establish the content required to support it.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of each of Fender’s social media channels, including the sharing of content and community management.
- Proactively engage with and build community, creating a true 2-way dialogue with fans
- Work with the Artist Relations team to mobilise AR content across Fender’s social channels in line with corporate strategies and AR agreements.
- Report on channel performance and make strategic recommendations for content optimization
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by the Digital Marketing Manager
- Proven experience within a marketing or business environment and/or a marketing degree
- Advanced knowledge of online marketing, including corporate social media techniques and strategies
- Accomplished organisational and administration skills
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Finger on the pulse of news, current affairs and social trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally and externally
- Self motivated with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
- Results focused
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Software Programs and Adobe Photo Shop or similar design/graphic software.
- An understanding of the UK & ROI Music Industry
- An understanding of the UK & ROI Musical Instrument Industry
- Knowledge of FMIC brands
- Marketing or Business degree