PR Executive - National Law Firm - Manchester
A great opportunity has arisen for a PR Executive to join a Top 50 UK law firm based in their Manchester office. This is a newly created PR role supporting the firm's PR Manager on delivering PR support to the firm's sectors and five office network and raising awareness of the firm through external communications, generating media coverage, assisting with awards submissions and thought leadership campaigns. The PR Executive's key duties will include:
- Assisting in the development and delivery of sector-specific and regionally targeted PR plans and campaigns
- Providing PR communications support to advance the firm's employer brand strategy and its reputation in the
- Working closely with the firm's PR Manager and sector business development manager and executives on drafting and implementing sector and regional PR plans.
- Devising and implementing a PR strategy that increases awareness of the firm's corporate citizenship and CSR work
- Writing news stories to achieve media coverage in national, trade, legal and regional media
- Pitching articles or comment pieces to key editors and journalists in response to breaking news developments and editorial calendar opportunities
- Co-ordinating and creating social and digital content to complement wider PR strategy. Providing communications support on thought leaderships campaigns
- Building effective relationships with key journalists to sell in media opportunities
- Quickly and effectively managing media inquiries and monitoring and evaluating media
- Maintaining a calendar of legal and industry awards and assisting with the preparation and writing of award submissions
- Organising photo shoots and briefing photographers to ensure high quality PR photographs to accompany news stories.
The right candidate will be degree educated and must have at least two years' PR experience gained in a busy press office, preferably in a professional services environment or an agency environment managing professional services clients to include experience of developing and placing stories with business, regional, national and legal press. It goes without saying that outstanding communication and editorial skills are a prerequisite as are excellent project management skills and the PR Executive must also be a team player who enjoys working under pressure to tight deadlines.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC