Events and Bids Officer
- Manage all events and identify areas to maximize business opportunities.
- To occasionally run events and take sole responsibility for events and conferences.
- To carry out research to gain a clear understanding of client's industry and requirements to ensure a personal approach is given
- To promote the business through presentations and networking events and exhibitions and attend venue site visits
- To respond to phone and e-mail enquiries from existing and potential clients and suppliers and to work within a team that is the first point of contact for incoming communications to the organisation regarding conferencing and events.
- To be responsible for the generation of client proposals, contract and quotes and to ensure that invoices and other financial documents are prepared in a timely manner, and that the University financial procedures are followed.
- To aid in the overall marketing and promotion of conferencing facilities. To track all enquiries, either viable or not, to assist in the determination of future marketing strategies and to assist in the preparation of a future marketing plan.
- Have sound event management background
- Education to at least degree standard or industry equivalent
- High level of commercial awareness and financial acumen
- Ability to remain calm under pressure whilst delivering outstanding customer service to clients
- Ability to act on own initiative regularly and to be the first point of contact for all sales enquiries
- Will provide professional advice or input to the decision making of others on conferencing and events
- Able to plan and priorities own work load and help and coach members of the team on conference delivery
- Strong organisational skills to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent inter personal skills
- To be flexible in terms of working patterns for example, weekend and evening work
Please send your CV , where you will receive an automatic response.
Please remember to quote the job reference UK749178 in all correspondence.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.