Business Development Manager (ALT) - London or Sydney
This is an excellent Business Development Manager position, based in either London or Sydney, that will play a key role in supporting a leading international law firm's Alternative Legal Services Management team and fee earners within the ALT practice, to develop the firm's business globally, build its relationships with existing and potential clients and also to manage the practice's market profile. The role holder's main duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with partners, fee earners, PSLs and the wider BD department across the business to connect the business and maximise business opportunities and internal referrals
- Preparing and implementing business development plans
- Providing tactical and strategic advice to the broad BD teams to develop their business development strategy.
- Targeting initiatives, client listening activities and proactive identification of business opportunities.
- Co-ordinating responses to pitches, proposals and tender submissions
- Liaising with Communications Manager and Marketing team to develop marketing and profile raising initiatives
- Co-ordinating awards and directories submissions
- Supporting the production of all BD material, brochures and web content
- Maintaining and updating BD knowhow, including credential, contacts, database and client history
- Undertaking research and analysis to identify targets for the practice and taking responsibility for targeting initiatives
- Facilitating budgeting for specific events and campaigns
- Driving an innovative and profitability led approach to meeting the pricing needs of clients
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding and awareness of the work of the ALT fee-earners, and topical legal and commercial issues. An undergraduate degree in a relevant area in addition to at least 5 years' experience in business development with a particular focus on strategic relationships, managing clients and pursuing new business is highly beneficial. The Business Development Manager (ALT) will also need sound project management skills and the ability to communicate confidently and deal with people at all levels of the firm.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC
Apply for Business Development Manager (ALT) - London or Sydney
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly