Senior Bid Manager
Senior Bid Manager | Professional Services | London
My client is a high profile and innovative national Professional Services firm with a successful and established Bid team that is looking to expand. This role sits within the Business Development team, a high performing specialist unit focused on targeting and supporting new business opportunities. Working nationally this role will be responsible for managing high value pitches across multiple services line and regions.
As Senior Bid Manager you would to head up the London bid team supporting and producing creative, strategic, solution based bid proposals. Working closely with the Head of Business Development you will lead in all bidding and pitching activity for the UK business, working closely with Heads of Divisions and Offices to produce best in class proposals. The ideal candidate will be able to project manage large complex bid opportunities, from kick-off to appointment to the delivery team. Your main role will be to lead the bid team in the production of high quality winning bid submissions. The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter - focused on driving the bid process to develop and implement ideas which shape compelling client solutions.
* Lead and manage the bid team in all aspects of bid creation, management and submission.
* Manage the creation of proposals and presentations. This includes; project management, developing win strategies, creating a persuasive structure, editing and writing content, , managing designers / external suppliers / consultants
* Support Account Directors in bid/no bid decisions by assisting in qualifying the bid opportunity
* Development of creative bid solutions to ensure a compelling structure and bespoke response is created specifically for the client.
* Chair kick off workshops for entire bid team concentrating on bid strategy
* Writing of Executive Summaries which contain key win themes and detailed bid strategy.
* Create, write and develop client presentations
* Provide pitch presentation coaching
* Conduct post-pitch debriefs with key Directors, wider proposals teams, plus clients where appropriate, to learn reasons for winning and losing instructions. Develop recommendations and follow up all actions to help continually improve success rate
* 5+ years demonstrable experience of working in a bid management and writing environment
* Experience of more than one professional organisation or industry is an advantage
* Ability to manage, mentor and support a young, developing team
* Proven track record in winning complex, major bids
* Recognised bid expert who shares knowledge and advises others
* Coaching / mentoring of business colleagues and bid team