International Marketing Support ( Lead Events) Co-ordinator
International Events lead to start ASAP £27,600-£31,600 for a leading University in South West London. 1 year FTC.
To assist the International Development Office in the achievement of its strategic direction, specifically with activities relating to marketing, recruitment and international students' events.
There are three main parts to this job: To support the planning and implementation of the marketing & recruitment activities undertaken by the Regional Managers / International Officers To support and lead in one of the specialist areas, which are: - Marketing communications co-ordination - Relationships management - Events management.
To work alongside and together with other International Marketing Support Co-ordinators in their "specialist" areas. International Marketing & Recruitment Support the marketing and recruitment activities of the Regional Managers / International Officers in key markets, for example, market research, planning and managing the logistics of the activities, liaison with representatives and fair organisers. Manage inbound visits and recruitment events. Assist with external scanning of international markets (e.g. mystery shopping and competitor analysis).
Develop good working relationships with the appointed representatives and support their admissions enquiries by working closely with Applicant Services and faculty admissions teams to ensure the provision of good customer service. Ensure efficient handling of enquiries from potential applicants, representatives and other key stakeholders. To work with Finance Office to reconcile invoices submitted by representatives for commission payments, and to ensure the accuracy of the invoices. To provide any other marketing and recruitment support needed. Events Management Lead the planning, execution and management of the bi-annual International Welcome and Orientation events, working with other team members. This includes: - acting as events lead and communication point across all faculties and departments within the University to provide an excellent service. - managing the budget and keeping track of all incoming and outgoing expenses. - putting together a project team within International to ensure efficient planning and execution for the events. - training of International staff members to support running the events. - training and supervising the Student Ambassadors to support these events. - undertaking an evaluation (survey) after each event, analysing the findings and making recommendations for adjustments / improvements for the next cycle. Plan and co-ordinate a schedule of social events throughout the year for international students, to enhance their study experience.
The post holder is required to work longer hours or weekends during the peak time, and there may be some travelling which will take the post holder away from home. The successful candidate will have the following skills:-
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ideally Experience in the higher education / international marketing
- Experience in project managing events
- Highly organised and use initiative to manage projects (eg.services, events, people) methodically and effectively.
- Acute customer focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate with external and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills to potential / current students.
- Ability to work under the pressure of setting up multiple schemes under time constraints.
- Proven ability to review practices and procedures and to develop ways of improving efficiency and service standards
- Understand English language and international academic qualifications.
- An innovative and creative attitude to work and an ability to anticipate needs
- The ability to multi-task, have good organisational and communication skills and be a team player
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office
- High Level of cultural awareness
- High Level of cultural awareness
- Willingness & ability to travel, and to work long hours and / or over the weekends when required
- Passion and patience in engaging with international students
If you are interested in this role please do contact me ASAP with an up to date CV, Notice period and Salary expectations .
Apply for International Marketing Support ( Lead Events) Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly