Head of Telco, PR Agency
Head of Telco, PR Agency
Our client is an independent, fast paced and growing B2B tech PR agency. They are looking for a “kick ass” Associate Director to head their Telco team, with in-depth experience working in tech/telco, to oversee the management of the current – and rapidly growing – roster of clients. This person would report directly into one of the Directors.
They need someone driven and committed. Someone prepared to go above and beyond. Someone who can write strong new business proposals and someone who will lead by example.
Main job functions and areas of responsibility
- Formulates PR plans, develops client SLAs and owns the delivery of activity
- Calls and coordinates team meetings – manages client expectations and ensures tasks are allocated appropriately to team members
- Takes ownership for the delivery and successful implementation of key account processes
- Defines and manages financial controls across accounts including invoicing, client time reconciliations and time allocations
- Takes the lead in ensuring account profitability i.e. monitoring servicing levels on an ongoing basis
- Develops and maintains long-term client relationships
- Independently identifies new opportunities for client campaigns
- Takes the lead on growing existing accounts, selling in additional services outside of core SLA
- Uses network effectively to proactively identify new business prospects and drive RFP opportunities
- Produce client proposals to deadline and specification
- Can set social media and SEO strategies and effectively manage their implementation
Position in company structure
The Associate Director will specialise in telecommunications and work across a £1m portfolio, reporting to the Director and be a part of the senior management team.
Relevant experience and skills
- The successful candidate will ideally be a graduate and have PR agency experience
- The candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the technology and telco landscape and have a track record of success working in the sector
- A strong and detailed understanding of the principles of PESO and their effective, balanced execution in a B2B PR and marketing campaign
- The individual will have a broad range of influencer contacts he/she can use to drive client opportunities
- Can demonstrate exemplary writing and copy editing skills – is able to produce final, client-ready drafts of complex messaging documents, communications strategies and plans, as well as core campaign content
- Can advise on SEO, social media and digital marketing strategy and tactics with client marketing teams – and lead agency team implementation
- The individual will be a successful negotiator and be capable of maintaining regular client contact on a formal and informal basis to further underpin the relationship
- Is an effective team manager and can promote a team ethic to deliver against company objectives and/or initiatives
- Can provide examples of new and organic business development and success
- Can consistently incorporate creative ideas into PR plans
- The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of agency financial systems and the impact they have on revenues and agency profitability
- Can build and develop a personal network that can be leveraged to gain client and business development opportunities
This is a great place to work. The senior management team are inspiring to work for and despite their professionalism and hard work, they have a good time along the way. There are various social events throughout the year and a benefits package that includes great “soft” benefits like an iPhone and late starts/early finishes once a month.
The team has an amazing culture. People love working here. It is supportive and encouraging but at the same you will be challenged and stretched. There are great benefits and a generous basic salary. Longer term there could be equity for the right candidate.
Apply for Head of Telco, PR Agency
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly