Junior Designer - Exciting Children's Book Company
1 day left
- Job Role
- Graphic Designer
An amazing opportunity for a junior graphic designer to join an exciting children's book company. They've already launched a vast catalogue of beautifully designed children's books and are hugely successful. Now it's time for them to hire their first new designer. If you are a talented designer with an interest in children's publishing then it doesn't get more exciting than this!
A well-established, but still relatively 'start-up' feeling chidren's book publisher who make amazing books for kids of all ages. If you have children, or know somebody who does, then there's a good chance they'll own one of the company's books. They're small enough for you to be a key figure in the business and to take on a lot more responsibility than you might get working for a larger publishing company. You'll get lots of autonomy and see your deisgn work published time and time again. Pretty exciting, eh?!
The opportunity to join as the first new graphic designer in the company. Although you'll be one of two designers in the studio working on books, you'll also share studio space with other designers who work for a different organisation. You'll have plenty of people to bounce ideas off of and have banter with. As well as helping to design new books, you'll also get the chance to assist with the production side of book publishing.
The position will require design and management of books from conception to delivery, working directly with external suppliers and delivering to deadlines.
Key responsibilities include:
• Designing covers and spreads from conception to print ready files.
• Creating and designing of new book titles and series.
• Liaising and working with external suppliers.
• Managing print schedules and production from concept to delivery.
• Producing sales and marketing material.
The experience we need.
The successful Junior Graphic Designer will ideally have all of the following but the production side can be taught if you have amazing design skills and an awesome portfolio...
• Good working knowledge of Adobe CS; particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Pre-press knowledge and ability to produce print ready artwork is ideal, but can be taught.
• Knowledge of pre-press requirements and print processes, again would be ideal but not essential.
• Ability to set and manage production schedules and deliver to deadlines.
• Experience of dealing with external suppliers is a nice to have.
• Strong communication skills.
• A good eye for detail.
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive salary.
- Great working environment.
- Excellent career progression, autonomy and the chance to be truly creative!
- An amazing company to work for and the chance to see your work printed in it's thousands and sold all over the world.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony Allen a call.
Apply for Junior Designer - Exciting Children's Book Company
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly