Consumer Research & Insight Manager - Telecoms
Consumer Research & Insight Manager - Telecoms
We're recruiting for one of the major telecom players, who are looking to engage with an experienced research and insights professional to join their small, but massively influential team.
You will be working within the Consumer business unit, and there's a real need for you to be both technically competent handling both qualitative and quantitative research programmes as well as be someone who's capable of demonstrating the ability to engage and influence stakeholders with commercially relevant insights, right up to say - the Marketing Director level of a FTSE listed firm.
The programmes you will be running will ultimate be looking to shape the company's brand, communications and propositions strategy over the short to mid-term (1-3 years), and consumer telecoms it's a highly competitive, dynamic, fluid and fast moving environment.
This really is a brilliant business with a bright future. Their offices are fun and funky, and they're renowned for having a brilliant culture which people love to be a part of, and this is reflected in average tenure too.
They're entrepreneurial and despite being a big brand business, are also agile too. They act with a competitor mindset and have proven to be disruptors within their market over the years as well.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- To plan and define the consumer research and insight function. What projects, over which channels and what the calendar will look like. Expectations are this will be a full qual and quant, ad-hoc and continuous studies programme. How these will support key business objectives and deliver actionable insight and recommendations for action at each stage
- Help to shape customer segmentation models to refine targeting of new customers, including what channels are being used, when and how and what will achieve best commercial results based on a thorough understanding of the customer and their behaviours
- Competitor analysis, to help understand what they do well, where gaps and opportunities exist and help synthesise strategies to take advantage of these or close gaps
- Manage concept testing, providing rapid analysis to help refine pre-launch or reshape/tweak post launch to ensure commercial objectives are achieved and propositions are consumer centric
- Own the brand trackers and their usage within the business to drive appropriate actions
- Be the voice of the customer right up to the Director level within the business, engaging and influencing decision making at this level. You will need to ensure they're effectively represented in marketing, product and development meetings to ensure the business is on the right track and delivering to the target consumers' need
This is certainly a big role covering a broad scope of research methodologies and their application in the business to drive insight based actions.
The person you will be reporting to is looking for you to set the vision, pace and action for the programme you will be owning and for you to show them what good research really can do for a business.
This is a vibrant and dynamic company and would really suit someone who's looking for the opportunity to have an impact and make a difference. You need to be a self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity and able to make clear, decisive plans of action to achieve a goal.
Role: Consumer Research & Insight Manager
Location: Maidenhead/Slough area - close to main line station
Salary: £50-60k base
Benefits: Up to 20% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance & lots more, etc.
- Solid research background, which could have been established within an agency or consultancy as well as client side organisation
- Experience working on a broad qual and quant programme to include ad-hoc and tracking studies
- Experience handling research programmes on behalf of a telco, retailer, utility, financial services, gaming business are all of interest
- Confident dealing with very senior and influential stakeholders. You can hold your own when under pressure of cross examination of your insight recommendations
- Able to demonstrate an ability to step in and define the needs of a well-rounded, modern and high performing research capability which drives results for a business
- Up to speed on cutting edge research and insight techniques and a range of methodologies - this is a broad skilled role including ad-hoc studies - primary and secondary source studies, on and offline research channels as well as trackers
- Very solid ability to link the commercial aims of an organisation to research and insight needs
- Very capable of prioritising research activity - you know when to say no and when you're just doing research for research sake
- Experienced in leading large scale research projects from end-to-end
- Demonstrable understanding of the commercial impacts of your analysis findings
- Capable of translating complex analysis projects into simple to understand language for non-technical audiences
- Career minded, solid communications skills, creative and well organised
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK
For further information please apply using a Word format CV (where possible) to:
Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com
Apply for Consumer Research & Insight Manager - Telecoms
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly