Safety Data Analyst – Aviation Industry - £25K-35K - Luton
What does the company do?
Our client is the Britain’s biggest airline carrier measured by number of passengers carried, operating domestic and international scheduled services on over 600 routes in 32 countries.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced, organised and enthusiastic Safety Data Analyst to join this successful company. If you love a challenge, are passionate about what you do and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations – you’ll fit right in here.
A typical day would be:
As a Safety Data Analyst you will be working as part of the Safety Data Team, taking individual responsibility for the analysis, coordination and reporting of safety performance data, undertaking Data Development Project Work and contributing to the identification and implementation of new reporting and analysis techniques within the Department.
Develop Statistical Models and Reports:
- Identify Operational hazards and risks using in-depth data analysis
- In conjunction with the subject matter, produce regular Operations safety performance reports
- Facilitate the development of consistent safety reporting and audit descriptors to ensure descriptor categories are suitable for all Stakeholders
- Support the overall Safety Performance Investigation process with statistical analysis
- Facilitate the on-going development of data analysis techniques to ensure the most appropriate methodologies are used by the Safety Data Team
- Support the continued development and transition of analytical and reporting capabilities to the Management Information Warehouse and other new technologies
- Undertake Project Work directed by the Safety Data Manager
- Define data gaps and identify bridging solutions with the Safety Performance Data streams to ensure data quality and safety reporting requirements are achieved
- Implement and Perform Safety Performance Standards Assurance oversight checks on Safety Reporting and Safety Data processes
- Support SMS Promotion within the Business
- Support exception safety report entry and distribution work as required
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the Safety Data Manager
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
We are looking for an experienced, organised and enthusiastic data analyst with Excellent communication skills and some experience in VBA for Excel and Data Cubes.
- Experience of data analysis in a safety/ risk management environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken with the capacity to understand data requirements and communicate and explain results to various audience across the business
- Proven ability to interpret business problems
- Ability to challenge current data assumptions and methodologies and where applicable identify and implement new methodologies and models
- Ability to bring together and interpret large volumes of information from various sources
- Ability to persuade, influence and build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Must be extremely organised and efficient, with project management skills
- Proactive, flexible and a team player
- Advanced level excels skills essential
- Previous experience in VBA for Excel and Data Cubes
Apply for Safety Data Analyst – Aviation Industry - £25K-35K - Luton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly