Chief Data Officer - c.£250,000 + Bonus + Benefits - Global Agency
CHIEF DATA OFFICER - GLOBAL MEDIA AGENCY
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalisation, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser.
The Chief Data Officer (CDO) EMEA is a critical role that will work in close partnership with the Regional/key market CEO's to drive our commercial and client strategy.
We need the CDO to provide thought leadership, strategic input, and project management in order to place data at the centre of our client proposition and to influence the creation of a data driven learning organisation culture.
Key and critical priorities this role will be focussing on are as follows:
- Lead and execute an EMEA data sourcing strategy to ensure we have the right sources and quality of data to be able to plan, evaluate, and execute our client’s data strategy.
- On-boarding clients onto the new global data environment and global data platform, in 2016 this will centre around the European markets first. In doing so the CDO will need to form partnerships within our client organisations across data and technology, legal & compliance and relevant commercial partners to ensure that we deliver the best possible data enabled services to our clients.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of leading a multi-market data agenda within a complex and matrixed organisational environment
- A track record of influencing change and buy in across multiple stakeholder groups so that data becomes the binding force in our client strategy
- Experience of working with global and regional client organisations and creating bespoke data and analytics techniques appropriate for their needs
- Outstanding project management ability, across a portfolio of international projects, the ability to keep complex projects on track, with the agility and flexibility to manages changes and adaptations that inevitably occur in a highly innovative and fast moving environment.
- In depth understanding of big data systems and platforms and analytics techniques and ability to simplify these concepts to create understanding among non experts.
- Outstanding track record of being able to effectively and rapidly move an idea from concept, to proto-type to proof of concept, an ability to identify those ideas that are viable and will result in the support and buy in from senior client stakeholders.
- A collaborator and influencer, a team player who is able to align with the global strategy and bring this to life in a relevant, credible and value enhancing way for the individual markets within EMEA
- A highly commercial individual who is passionate about our client agenda and able to leverage the potential of data to create unique consumer and brand, connections, insights, opportunities, and sources of competitive advantage.
Interested parties please send me an email with your CV and details of your present remuneration package to apply@MackenzieSearch.com or call Keith Mackenzie on 00447940 569207 for a confidential conversation.
Marketing Search & Selection
Apply for Chief Data Officer - c.£250,000 + Bonus + Benefits - Global Agency
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly