PR Account Director
PR Account Director / Bristol/Cardiff / 40-50k / Excellent benefits
My client is a boutique content marketing & communications agency, based in Cardiff, with clients all over the UK.
The national agency, is designed with content at the core but also blends traditional practices such as PR offering 360-degree service with access to sought-after, specialist skills from content strategy, media relations, social, video, cinemagraphs and written content production.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the MD, you will work with clients across B2B & B2C in the technology and financial services sectors but client work could extend to travel, charity and beyond.
You'll be working in have the thick of it maintaining relationships with national and trade journalists both in the UK and overseas and getting our content and PR campaigns noticed.
- Leading on PR for the agency
- As the division grows - managing team members
- Budget management
- Working alongside the editor and visual producer on creative campaigns
Developing strong relationships with key media and nurturing existing ones
* Driving media relations & supporting press offices on behalf of clients
* Communicating with clients & managing accounts, campaigns & projects to a high standard
* Producing press releases & other campaign materials and managing talent, video and photoshoots
* Liaising with third parties on campaign assets (eg. video & stunts)
* Preparing regular client reports & attending client meetings
* Monitoring the media (eg. newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media & blogs) for client PR opportunities
* Working as part of a team to develop client proposals & attend pitches
* Organising & attending events (eg. press conferences & promotional events)
* Contributing to the production of client publications (eg. internal magazines & newsletters)
- Working alongside the content marketing division to execute truly integrated communications campaigns.
Who you are
- 7 years' agency experience
Educated to a minimum of degree level or equivalent
* Passionate about PR & digital communications
* You'll know your Sun from your Sunday Times & will thrive upon developing valuable media relationships on behalf of clients
* Highly ambitious, with a desire to progress within a rapidly growing agency
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Able, willing and happiest when 'getting your hands dirty'
* Great interpersonal skills required to liaise with clients, high-profile media & stakeholders
* Strong verbal communication skills, confident in presenting to clients
* Excellent written communication skills needed to produce compelling copy
* A passionate, energetic and enthusiastic approach and strong initiative
* Proven experience in financial services and tech
Apply for PR Account Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly