Junior Account Director
Our client is a vibrant, energetic and dynamic agency with a strong work ethic and ambition to succeed. They have an impressive client list where the work is integrated with a bias towards direct and digital. They are at heart a direct response and CRM agency with data being fundamental in their approach.
You will be ambitious and looking to progress your career in a nimble and flexible environment that is not corporate or formal and rewards talent. You will enjoy the buzz of being busy and achieving and be chomping at the bit to take on more.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
To direct and take control of the client relationship on a day-to-day level to the highest quality standard and within client budget. To lead the internal agency team in making the agency indispensable to your clients through quality, timeliness, accuracy and delivery of great work.
- Have an intimate understanding of your client business and their marketplace, building a collaborative relationship with your clients on the back of this
- Own your client business and develop great relationships with all client personnel, understanding their objectives, challenges and preferences
- Lead and own the interrogation of the client briefs. Fully understand the strategy and insight and lead the creative process of delivery, ensuring realisation of the strategic intent. Drive the creative brief, inspiring the creative teams with your intimate knowledge of the client business and market.
- Use your team and delivery of great work, to expand and strengthen relationships with all key clients, and use those relationships to leverage further business opportunities off the back of your daily interaction.
- Be vigilant about how we help our client’s business, gatekeeping our service delivery, identifying risks and threats, dealing with these effectively and impressively in client eyes.
- Be the guardian of our delivery, only allowing the best work to get to our clients, demonstrating agency quality and value
- Instil trust in your clients, filling them with confidence in you and your team so that they come to rely upon the agency as an indispensable partner.
- Financially, own and deliver project income forecast for your clients, communicating risk and opportunity quickly and proactively to agency colleagues.
- Ensure your team members are trained and work effectively to maximise revenue and especially profitability.
- Manage cost negotiations with clients on all projects to ensure agency profitability, and clear client understanding of agency value for money.
- Input into forecast for resourcing requirements in the short and medium term and manage the available agency resources in the most efficient way. Additionally take responsibility for your team commitment to workflow planning, ensuring creative and studio resources are utilised efficiently and effectively.
- Lead your team, developing and adapting your management style to bring out the best in others, including your team relationships with other teams in the agency
- Inspire your team, overtly and by example, in being indispensable to our clients. Show them how to do this, and the results they should seek
- Work closely with team members on a day-to-day basis, coaching them to develop their skills, and establishing yourself as a guide and mentor
- Engender a sense of team working across the agency, especially with creative and finance colleagues
- Be an ambassador for the agency and ensure the agency's client services vision is articulately communicated when talking to colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Actively lead your team, communicating direction and expectations for their client service delivery and their internal agency management.
- Manage upwards effectively, ensuring the GAD and CSD are fully up to speed on all client engagements, seeking their involvement where required, and inspiring them with confidence in your leadership.
Key Experience Required:
- 5+ years prior agency experience (with a minimum of 4 in account management)
- Comprehensive understanding of CRM marketing practices, including data and production processes (a professional qualification such as IDM Diploma is an added bonus)
- Have dynamic leadership, management and team building skills
- Experience in innovative thinking across integrated campaigns
- Managerial experience of a minimum of 2 team members
If this sounds like you, get in touch today!
Apply for Junior Account Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly