Key responsibilities of the role:
Client Development and Targeting
- Working with the M&BD Manager and M&BD Adviser - ENRG and Infrastructure, the ISG Heads, and Core Teams to oversee the portfolio of clients within the industry sectors and ensure there is an effective process in place for prioritising those clients, monitoring and reviewing performance, and leveraging and sharing industry knowledge and best practices across those clients;
- Work with the M&BD Manager and M&BD Adviser on the management of targeting initiatives and campaigns;
- Support the M&BD Manager and M&BD Adviser on the management of a number of the firm's major client relationships within the sectors; and
- Prepare and interpret client/sector analysis including investigating cross selling opportunities.
M&BD Planning & Budgeting
- Working with the M&BD Manager and M&BD Adviser, the ISG heads, and other partners in the ENRG and Infrastructure groups to develop global business and M&BD plans, and budgets;
- Delivering meaningful market analysis as required to support the planning process; and
- Ensuring the implementation of M&BD plans and budgets, regularly monitoring and reporting on progress, BD outcomes and return on investment.
- Coordinate pitches with fee earners, including drafting proposals and credentials while ensuring that the firm's best practice methodology is applied;
- Keep all standard pitch material up to date and collate and maintain the pitch tracking tool including on-going reviews and recommendations to improve processes;
- Develop relationships across M&BD in practice areas and other jurisdictions to ensure access to relevant credentials and collaboration on global panel reviews and multi-jurisdictional pitches; and
- Administer, coordinate and maintain post pitch feedback.
Marketing Campaigns, Thought Leadership, and Profile Raising
- Helping to create and implement integrated campaigns to help raise our profile and awareness amongst our key target audience and generate opportunities to meet potential clients;
- Working with fee earners to track opportunities and return on investment originating from marketing campaigns and other sector programming;
- Planning and implementing marketing communications programmes, including targeted seminar programmes, client facing material production, client events, website development, etc.;
- Working with the M&BD Manager and M&BD Adviser to develop and implementation effective approaches to directories, awards, memberships and sponsorships; and
- Working with the M&BD Manager and M&BD Adviser on the directory submission process for ENRG and Infrastructure.
Internal Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Working with the M&BD Manager and M&BD Adviser to ensure the global ISG core teams and various sub-groups are meeting regularly to move forward the sector plans, and they are coordinating and engaging effectively with the wider community of lawyers within the sectors;
- Working with the ISG heads to ensure that there is an efficient framework for internal reporting and communication of M&BD activities and successes, including the provision of information for wider management reporting;
- Ensuring there is a structured approach in place for maintaining up-to-date BD information and knowledge, such as credentials and information for pitches; and
- Working with the with the M&BD Manager and M&BD Adviser and fee earners to promote sector capabilities across the firm, including through local sector meetings, firm-wide newsletters, and the ISG Intranet sites on HL Global.
Wider M&BD Projects
- Contributing to wider M&BD projects as required, including the implementation of the firm-wide industry sector programme.
Specific duties or responsibilities may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changes in personnel and management structure, staff location and services.
- Strong previous experience of working in a marketing & business development focused role in a professional services firm, preferably a law firm.
- Experience of having worked in a professional services firm targeting the energy and/or infrastructure sectors, or experience of working in the energy and/or infrastructure sectors.
- A 2.1 at degree level from a reputable institution.
- Excellent interpersonal and (internal and external) client-facing skills.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Able to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Commercial and strategic in outlook.
- Pragmatic, robust, diplomatic, and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
- A team player, but able to act autonomously with minimal guidance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail.
- Strong project skills and ability to multi-task.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for BD Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly