Head of Proposals
7 days left
- Job Role
Hymans Robertson LLP is one of the UK’s leading pensions, investment and risk experts. We employ over 750 people across 4 locations: Glasgow, London, Edinburgh and Birmingham and are a successful and growing organisation. Our performance and services are recognised by numerous industry awards and built on the delivery of innovative, client-focused solutions coupled with an unrivalled commitment to the development of our employees. We offer a refreshing, stimulating work environment, where independent thinking and new ideas are encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely makes a difference.
This role will lead the award winning Proposal Centre of Excellence (PCoE) team and is recognised as being of key importance to the business. You’ll join a great team and be key in their continuing success.
This is suitable for someone working in a similar accountable position with experience in purchasing and/or sales. The role will involve managing and running specific proposals as well as managing established and multi-skilled bid and proposal teams.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the proposals team, responsible for their day to day work, quality of output as well as career development as well as ensuring the team are focused on clear targets
- Ownership of relationships with external providers and specialists
- 'Own' and ‘champion’ the proposal process & best practice within the organisation - working with senior sales and business managers to introduce new and improved processes
- Manage the proposal centre budget (and ensure that a clear business plan is in place)
- Act as a point of escalation to Board level if needed, for teams working on live proposals
- Undertake proposal pitch feedback/review sessions directly with client contacts to enable us to win more work in the future, understanding both why we win and lose pitches
- Operate and maintain the daily scrum (workload) call for the team
- Deliver regular proposal statistics for the business development group and stakeholders, analysing the success of the proposal process and taking actions to improve performance
- Managing and writing outstanding, creative and innovative proposal documents to win new business
- Able to provide editing support and constructive criticism of proposal text (during and after proposals)
Skills and Qualifications required:
We are looking for someone who is educated to degree level and ideally Practitoner/Professional level accreditation and has APMP Foundation level as a minimum.
If you have working knowledge of deploying APMP best practice into real-life bid process as well and the skills listed below then we would be keen to see your application:
In terms of personal characteristics, we are looking for someone who is proactive, enthusiastic and committed to doing a good job, someone who has excellent attention to detail skills, and is innovative and accurate in their work. If this sounds like you and you have a positive ‘can do’ attitude we would encourage you to apply.
Reward & Support
Hymans Robertson prides itself in offering a refreshing, stimulating work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely makes a difference. Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including full study support where applicable. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.