7 days left
- Job Role
- Project Manager
Hymans Robertson LLP is one of the UK’s leading pensions, investment and risk experts. We employ over 750 people across 4 locations: Glasgow, London, Edinburgh and Birmingham and are a successful and growing organisation. Our performance and services are recognised by numerous industry awards and built on the delivery of innovative, client-focused solutions coupled with an unrivalled commitment to the development of our employees. We offer a refreshing, stimulating work environment, where independent thinking and new ideas are encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely makes a difference.
We are currently recruiting for a Proposal Manager within our Business Development area. The successful candidate will report to the Proposal Centre of Excellence Manager and be responsible for managing and delivering quality and strategic proposals. This role will be well suited to someone with experience of managing proposal projects as well as producing and managing the proposal project plan.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate Pre-Proposal Planning meetings, with the account team, to ensure the appropriate steps are taken to maximise the proposal's chances of success
- Build the proposal team - identify & brief the staff who need to be involved, and ensure their focus and motivation
- On a project-by-project basis, co-ordinate and manage the activities of the other proposal centre staff who may be involved in the proposal
- Facilitate the proposal strategy meeting, with the account team and other key proposal contributors, to establish a clear strategy (based on customer & competitive analysis) and to 'storyboard' proposal content
- Coach and chase content contributors as required - managing content quality reviews
- Review and critique content as it is produced by the contributors and proposal managers.
- Ensure that the overall document tells a consistent and clear story.
- Ensure that all relevant processes are followed as required (e.g. qualification, approvals), and lead meetings as required
- Lead proposal learning reviews (providing objective facilitation, and developing clear action plans)
- Once a proposal has been submitted, identify new content that may be re-usable via the team's pre-written content library
- Suggest, lead and contribute to projects to improve the organisation’s bid and proposal management capabilities.
Skills and Qualifications required:
We are looking for someone who holds Foundation Level APMP accreditation, with a clear plan in place to reach certified Practitioner Level over time and has significant experience of managing experience in bids and proposals. Experience of working in purchasing and/or sales would be advantages.
In addition to the above, we are also looking for:
- Higher English or equivalent
- Familiar with Office 2007, including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project
- Excellent working experience of Microsoft Word, preferably 2007
- Good experience of working with electronic filing systems
We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of strategic proposal management process, including pre-proposal planning, strategy development and storyboarding – as well as overall proposal project management. The role will be well suited to someone who can establish credibility and build rapport with sales and business staff.
Reward & Support
Hymans Robertson prides itself in offering a refreshing, stimulating work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely makes a difference. Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including full study support where applicable. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.