Graduate Sales Consultant – Education Technology - £20K - London
Information on the company
An innovative tech start-up which has risen as the UK’s number one solution for tracking and monitoring homework. Giving students and teachers the ability to effectively manage homework assignments through time management, statistical analysis and even automatic grading, this app is already used by over 500,000 students. The app is seen as a solution to sharing homework resources, eliminating homework excuses, save time and give both parents and teachers visibility on student’s progression.
This is a grad job offering £20K per annum + commission structure.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Looking for an individual not just to carry out the duties laid out in the job description, but who will become a dedicated and valued member of the Sales team and grow with the company.
- There is fantastic scope for career development and great financial rewards - you just need to demonstrate commitment, a fantastic work ethic and a willingness to go above and beyond
- This sales team is a tight knit group. They work closely together, they help and rely on each other, they have built great friendships and they enjoy competing with each other. They are passionate about the company and are driven to over achieve their targets. There is nowhere to hide in this team as their results not only pay salaries, but also drive the future of the business.
- As part of this team you will be making up to 100 calls a day so you need to have a positive outlook, to be resilient, driven, organised, engaging and enthusiastic.
- If you have knowledge or experience of the Private School system in UK that will be useful as we expand into that market.
- Your role focuses on phoning and emailing schools and introducing them to the benefits of the business. You will need to identify the correct people at each school to talk to and book an appointment for them with our product demonstration team.
- You will be someone who can build a good rapport and generate conversations, rather than using an aggressive sales technique. Teachers are busy people and it can be hard to get hold of them, so you will need to make a lot of calls in order to have a small number of conversations, and you need to make those conversations count!
- You must be a confident communicator who is prepared to use their initiative to investigate how the UK education industry works and the specifics of each school you are contacting, so that you can vary your strategy according to the school.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and technology and demonstrate a hunger to grow the business.
What are your key candidate requirements for the role?
The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and technology and demonstrate a hunger to grow with the business and progress their career with us.
- Graduate (calibre)
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Proficient in IT
- Empathetic and reliable
- Good team player
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Knowledge of the Private school system in UK (nice to have)
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- 27 days holiday – taken during school holidays
- Working hours : 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Perkbox Employee Benefits – Free stuff and employee discounts
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Beers on a Friday
- Lunch on the company once a month
- Tea, coffee and fresh fruit every day
- Summer and Christmas parties