Communication & Copywriting Internship - £23K - Healthcare - London
Information on the company
A customer focused organisation providing a range of professional advice and support services to clinical commissioning groups and health service providers working with over 1.9 million patients across London. In addition, they provide services for London ambulance commissioning across all of London and a cancer commissioning network for North West and South London.
This is a 4 month internship paying £23,000 pro-rata with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the communications team responsible for both internal and external communications and report directly to the Assistant Director of Communications and Engagement.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for:
• Assist the communications team in the proactive and reactive management of media and the press cuttings service.
• Assist the communications team in the production of internal and external publications; helping to draft copy, proof read; source external suppliers for design and print.
• Assist the communications team in the management of website and social media content; acting as a content manager for internal and external websites and monitoring social media activity.
• Provide an excellent telephone and face to face manner to all customers and staff. Demonstrate flexibility and professionalism at all times when dealing with customers and fellow staff.
• Adhere to agreed policies and procedures for the sign off of all communication materials.
• Ensure all work is delivered to agreed standards and timelines, showing initiative and motivation at all times.
• Establish and oversee efficient administrative and business systems to support the directorate.
• Deliver administrative and business support to the Director of Communications and Engagement and the wider communications team as needed to ensure the wider work of the department are delivered to high standards and within deadlines.
• Participate in regular team briefings and build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels through open communication and constructive feedback.
• Deliver your objectives in a competent and professional manner at all times.
The ideal intern’s personality, qualifications and experience:
This role most suits a recent graduate looking to develop commercial work experience as a communications professional within a world renowned healthcare organisation where personal development is encouraged and offered.
• Educated to degree level.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Proof reading and editing skills.
• Working knowledge of a range of MS Office programmes (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Experience with website content management and photo/image editing packages would be a huge bonus.
• The ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships and work with a range of individuals at all levels within an organisation inspiring confidence and trust.
• The ability to prioritise own work effectively and deal with conflicting demands
Desired experience (but not prerequisites):
• Experience in a public relations environment or similar role.
• Experience of drafting copy for a range of publications from corporate documents to public information leaflets, newsletters and websites.
• Experience of sourcing, briefing and working with design and print agencies to meet budget requirements.
• Understanding of working in a complex and political organisational environment and the impact of your effectiveness on the wider organisations success.
• Knowledge and experience of communication processes and tools available.
What are the perks of working for this company?
• Work for a world renowned healthcare organisation delivering a world class service, with multiple divisions there is ample room for career progression within the organisation and personal development is widely encouraged.
• Receive industry leading training and work for Europe’s largest employer.