Senior PR Executive
NEW Senior PR Executive role with leading International law firm.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing Communications, the PR Executive and the Internal Communications team, you will proactively drive media coverage in UK national, international and UK trade publications and support external communications across the firm. While the role is London-focused, it will involve regular involvement with international PR matters.
The role also requires the ability to implement communication plans around firmwide developments such as new office openings, partner appointments and departures, client service initiatives, and specific sector and practice thought leadership.
- Develop and implement PR initiatives across the firm, as well as by individual practice and sector groups.
- Implement PR initiatives for UK-based audiences and act as a main point of contact for all UK media.
- Support internal and external PR activities in line with practice/sector specific marketing and business development objectives in terms of profile raising, commentary and thought leadership.
- Develop strong relationships with national and trade journalists on behalf of the firm
- Work closely with the Social Media and Communications Executive to promote, make best use of and carry out ongoing analysis of social media (e.g. Twitter and social networks such as Facebook/ LinkedIn) to drive increased media coverage and connections to key journalists and influencers.
- Work closely with web team on development and use of content on site.
- Develop PR plans to support international marketing campaigns and maximise media coverage by utilising existing content.
Successful candidates will have previous experience working in PR, either in-house or within a PR agency. Direct experience of the legal or professional services sector is strongly advantageous. You will be highly proactive, initiative-taking approach to the role and understanding of what makes a strong news story and own journalist relationships. Experience of successfully 'pitching' stories to journalists, including to those on key nationals.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.