Responsibilities of the role:
- Assisting with matter research, lawyer biographies and other content preparation needed to support pitches, proposals, capability statements and other client presentations and seminar materials;
- Updating and maintaining the firms matters database in the firms global Matter Profiling System;
- Assisting with creation and maintenance of the firms client marking lists for electronic campaigns;
- Education and training of Pas/secretaries on use of the firms InterAction Opportunities system;
- Maintaining databases of new and closed transactions to ensure deals are correctly profiled and entered into the Firm's Matter Profile System database, and opportunities are captured in the Firm's CRM database;
- Supporting the drafting of submissions for legal directories (Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, etc) and award entries, by research and assistance on submission preparation and gathering of client referees from the firms partners;
- Real time submissions and regular review/reporting for the firms various league tables;
- Producing all English language BD bulletins and newsletters produced in EMEA;
- Support the CAM/industry BD team to help drive the implementation of sector and client action plans in support of the section's business plan, and related business development initiatives in London and globally;
- Client, market, sector and decision-maker research and analysis as required;
- Opportunity spotting research and communication with relevant BD team members to aid with 'rapid response' opportunity spotting for the firms target clients;
- Review of relevant legal/trade media and sharing of relevant information to BD team-members;
- Other ad hoc projects as required
Essential skills and attributes:* Graduate with relevant and in depth business development experience in a professional services firm.
* Relevant marketing (CIM) or a post graduate qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of, or keen interest in, marketing/BD, would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral - and ability to work at all levels.
- Flexible, committed and enthusiastic.
- Attention to detail.
- Exposure to client relationship management would be advantageous.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Good systems and database skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM applications.
- Team player.
- Client-focused approach.
- Creative and strategic mindset.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.