Growing creative agency seeks content super star to join their exciting social team! That’s right, we’re on the look out for a talented long- and short-form writer and content enthusiast who’s looking to flex his or her creative muscles for a huge variety of well-known clients. The right candidate will be part of the team creating written and visual content, and so will need a background writing editorial copy with a corporate or business slant and a strong understanding of the communications industry.
Armed with your journalistic mind, you’ll be responsible for creating branded content across all forms of social. Think written blogs, infographics and even video scripts for publication through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat. A keen brain for forward planning, you’ll be comfortable engaging with the client’s editorial teams and stakeholders, producing and managing content schedules; all the time championing best practice and alignment with brand guidelines.
Your key skills
Content – You’ll believe that telling amazing stories lies at the heart of every digital experience. A voracious reader of blogs, books and magazines – but also of labels, catalogues and packaging – you’ll know that great content requires serious finessing to hit the mark across different channels.
The written word – You’ll believe in the transformative power of great writing and bold images. You’ll understand that a company's reputation is only as good as its latest story, so will make sure that the copy you create and oversee passes quality control every time. Be it a ground-breaking piece of reportage or quick-hit news brief, when you’re called on to create great content, you’re skilled at writing quickly and efficiently, without compromising accuracy. A great writer, an astute editor, and a savvy headline writer, you’ll use your sixth sense for interesting angles and snappy copy to exceed all expectations.
Management – You won’t be afraid to take control and ensure the successful completion of any task or project. You’ll understand the need for awesome time management and how the wider team plays a role in this.
Strategy – You’ll be in love with digital communities. An avid personal social media user, you’ll relish keeping up to date with the latest digital content innovations, and then bring what you learn to our clients. We’ll look to you to develop the big ideas that pique the interest of our clients’ audiences and the online networks that shape the way we interact with them.
Analytics – You’ll know what it takes to earn clicks, authentically. You’ll be an eager student of SEO best practices, and a whiz at Google Analytics. You’ll understand that every editorial decision rests on a foundation of metrics.
Attention to Detail – You’ll know the difference between it’s and its and be able to school others on the complexities of there, their and they’re. In fact, you’ll feel a tiny bit outraged every time you see grammar that's an inch out of place. You’ll understand tone of voice, and be able to flex yours whichever brand you’re working with. Breaking down complex business processes for a general audience, you’ll treat every piece of work as your very best, and expect the same from others.
New business development – Identifying and winning new business is the responsibility of everyone. From attending initial meetings, writing and/or contributing to tenders and proposals and being part of pitch presentations – we’re all in it together.
Financial, commercial and internal administration – Everyone at Hodes is expected to share a commercial attitude. That means every one of us must appreciate and contribute to tight cost control and good recovery measures through good time management and accurate completion of time sheets.
Your key tasks
- You’ll be a key part of the production of Content for our clients’ blogs, social channels and engagement platforms
- You’ll understand client brand guidelines and brand architecture to ensure work is ‘on brand’
- You’ll brief, proof and edit freelance work – ensuring we utilize capacity efficiently
- You’ll scour leading trend websites to aggregate, curate, and write stories
- You’ll collaborate with editorial staff, stakeholders and the broader campaign team to create must-read blogs and features, develop strong social media relationships, and innovate to beat the competition and enthral the audience
- You’ll interview stakeholders at all levels for audio transcription and blog creation
- You’ll post content to the Web in accordance with social prep best practices
- You’ll create social media content plans in partnership with our Social Media Executives
- You’ll aggregate and curate content from existing content sources; manage relationships with bloggers
- You’ll develop and package new ideas to drive traffic to website and other social channels
- You’ll brainstorm native advertising opportunities for advertisers and assist in creating and integrating that content across various platforms.
Your key experience
- You’ll come to us with an in-depth working knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- You’ll have a track record of developing, researching and writing high-quality content in both short- and long-form for digital media
- You’ll take a journalistic approach to content creation, with experience of interviewing, angle generation and theme input
- You’ll demonstrate an ability to develop content ideas – from initial content to content reuse – conduct research, and interview both internal and external subject-matter experts
- You’ll be a fluent English language writer and speaker, though some foreign language background would also be helpful
- You might be from an agency background or have experience writing for a variety of clients
Think this is the role for you? Please send us a covering letter, CV and why you’re the perfect person for this role in a 140-character tweet.