4 days left
- Job Role
- Digital Designer
World Class Media is the creative arm and in-house agency for it’s parent companies; Oak Tree Mobility Ltd and Middletons Ltd, respectively.
With an annual turnover in excess of £25m and nominated finalists in the South West business of the year, two years running. Oak Tree is the UK market leader, supplying mobility products to the grey market. The company has seen significant year on year growth in recent years, becoming the fastest growing business in the South West of England.
Middletons is an independant retail store providing a ‘one stop shop’ in the lucrative mobility market with a flagship store in Bristol and plans of a nationwide store roll out, commencing summer 2016.
As all media, creative, design and print is generated by the World Class team the agency now seeks to recruit a dynamic studio manager to deliver the vision across multi channel platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented and innovative designer to join us, and help create exceptional digital experiences for our clients and their customers. As a valued addition to our growing team, your conceptual thinking, stunning design work and intelligent UX skills will be appreciated and utilised to the full. Our projects are truly varied, ranging from ecommerce, responsive, mobile, content managed and custom sites, to rich media, emails and other digital projects. As well as the usual benefits, a shiny new iMac, the latest Adobe software, unlimited hot beverages and biscuits, and plenty of team bnter await.
• Excellent conceptual, visualisation and typographic skills
• Strong understanding of how your designs translate into build
• Expert Photoshop and Illustrator skills
• Good commercial aptitude, with an appreciation of designing for build efficiency and effective conversion
• Understanding/knowledge of the following would also be advantageous:
• Layout principles for SEO and/or accessibility best practices
• Persuasive design techniques to optimize onsite conversion and engagement
• AB/MV testing methodology
• Experience of Magento ecommerce platform
- Research, conceptualise, design and evolve sites, applications, emails and other creative requirements
- Work to both loose client goals and strict requirements
- Collaborate closely with our developers throughout each project
- Create supporting design rationales, wireframes, site maps and user journeys where appropriate to communicate and solidify ideas
- Work within World Class Media’s preferred software/processes (Adobe)
- Create image assets for populating sites through build and via CMS
- Take ownership of work executed and deadlines agreed to
- Keep up-to-date with new design trends, emerging technologies and marketing principles
- Learn new skills, software and methodologies as needed
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Experience and Education:
• 3+ Years preferably in an agency environment in a fast paced digital agency
• Experience of building and editing on e-commerce websites
• Demonstrable portfolio examples showing your design experience of:
• Magento Ecommerce and other conversion based sites
• Adaptive and/or fluid responsive sites
• Email and other digital marketing
• Wire framing (even as scamp notes) or prototyping to communicate user journeys/interactions
• Consideration for CMS structure, templates and content areas
• Experience of both working within existing brand guidelines, and creating a new site look & feel
• Good knowledge of paid search, analytics and e-commerce
• Possess a relevant Advertising or Marketing qualification
• Working in a small team
• Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and work ethic
• Passionate about creative, usability and all things digital
• Impeccable attention to detail, with an unfailing commitment to creative excellence and pixel perfection.
• Confident in own work and receptive to feedback.
• Organised yet flexible, and able to prioritise own workload to meet agreed deadlines.
• A team player, able to listen and communicate effectively both with colleagues and clients.
• An exceptional “creative eye”
Apply for Digital Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly