Established in 1977, CCPAS is the only independent Christian charity providing professional advice, training, support and resources in all areas of safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm.
We exist to help safeguard children and adults throughout the UK. We also help those who are, or have been affected by abuse or harm.
CCPAS is consulted by churches and other organisations across the Christian spectrum. We also advise other faith groups and a wide variety of statutory and third sector organisations that are keen to benefit from our specific resources and expertise.
In addition to working with churches and denominations at grass-roots level, we regularly work with local and national government, safeguarding boards, adults and children's social care, police forces and law enforcement agencies (including CEOP and the National Crime Agency), probation services, healthcare trusts and a range of other bodies operating across the UK.
We work closely with a number of groups and networks and are members/partners with the following:
- United Kingdom Council for Child Internet Safety (UKCCIS)
- Child Exploitation & Online Protection Centre (CEOP)
- Evangelical Alliance (EA)
- Children England and National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
- Christian Helplines Association (CHA)
- Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC)