Marketing & Salary Trend Report 2014
Published: 20 Jan 2014 By Simon Lewis
The insider’s view of marketing recruitment
With growing confidence in the economy and jobs market there has certainly been a shift in attitude across the marketing industry over the last 12 months.
There has been a marked change in optimism levels from both employers and job seekers. As a result, hiring activity has ramped-up and more professionals are now actively seeking new opportunities and challenges.
Between 16 August and 30 August 2013, marketing recruitment specialists EMR conducted an online survey focused on the demographics, length of employment, working week, job security, career motivators, department changes, job search channels, reward and bonus trends of UK marketing, communications and digital professionals.
This report is based on findings received from 1,330 respondents who completed the survey, sector specific market insight from experienced practice leaders based in EMR’s London and Leeds offices and EMR’s extensive database.
Highlights from respondent feedback include:
- ‘Satisfaction’ amongst marketing,communications and digital professionals has increased over the year
- Salaries and bonuses are on the rise, as the vast majority of respondents received a pay increase and bonus in the last year
- Top-paying sectors are Finance, Banking & Insurance; Telecoms; FMCG; and Energy & Utilities
- Many professionals anticipate further raises in their remuneration package, raising levels of satisfaction and optimism
- Nearly two-thirds (61%) of respondents feel secure in their current role
- The desire for an improved work-life balance is of growing importance to the modern marketer
- There is a clear misrepresentation of females within senior marketing, communications and digital positions
- But whilst the vast majority of marketers (63%) are female, a higher percentage of males are making it to the top positions
Download EMR’s hugely formative Salary and Marketing Trends Report below: